Learning Connections Center
Students with learning differences are just like their typical peers - a diverse group with diverse needs. God made us all original, and we celebrate that no two students are alike. Students with documented learning differences via educational psychological testing, IEP, or 504 plan, may receive accommodations via services provided in the LCA Learning Connections Center. Working with these students according to their learning styles and/or specific learning strategies often allows these students the support needed to be successful in their classes. Services are based upon documented needs not the grades the student is making in any given class.
For more information regarding the accommodations the LCA Learning Connections Center provides, please contact Carey Elliott.
Students traveling to and from Learning Connections:
Upper school students must check in with their teacher before coming to Learning Connections for tutoring, testing, or extended time.
- Extended Time for Testing
- Test Given Orally
- Test Taken in a Quiet, Distraction-Free Environment
- Allowing a Word Bank of Tests
- Allowing Testing on a Different Day when multiple tests are scheduled
- Preferential Seating
- Allowing Student a Copy of Peer notes or Teacher notes
- Allowing the use of a Calculator for Math
- Not Counting off for Spelling, Grammar, or Handwriting unless assessing that area
- Allowing for division of long-term assignments into smaller parts
- Decreased length of assignment or tests. (Allowable only if concept being assessed isn’t modified)
Tutorial Services take place in our on-campus Learning Connection Center. Students who may need a period of intervention to supplement skills, not mastered in the regular classroom, will benefit from tutoring. Tutoring services can also provide specific mentoring for the student who may struggle with organizational skills.
For our middle and high school students, our instructors provide individual tutoring as needed in study skills, test preparation, homework assignments and reinforcement of classroom instruction. Close communication is fostered among the Learning Connection facilitator, the classroom teacher and the student’s parents. Each tutorial session is 50 minutes long.
Tutoring is arranged through the Learning Connection Center. For more information, please contact Carey Elliot.
Highly Specialized Degree
(Ed.D, Ph.D, MAED Degree)
|$60 per session|
|Teacher||BSED Degree, four year Degree||$50 per session|