We are so excited about Grandparent’s Day coming on Friday, November 4th. This day is such a special time for our community, and we are working diligently to make this an enjoyable experience for everyone. Here are the details regarding what this day will look like. Please read – This day will look different from what we’ve done in the past.
- Grades K-5 are required to come to school in regular uniform. These students are a part of the performance occurring during the program. Students may have some assignments for this day. Teachers will communicate details.
- Grades 6-12 will be off campus unless attending with grandparents. This will be a digital learning day. Many of these students will be featured in a video presentation that will be played during the program. Students are required to sit with their grandparents if they are in attendance. Students whose grandparents are unable to attend are asked to work and study from home. Students will have assignments from teachers for 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th periods this day. Teachers will communicate details.
Morning Drop Off
- You have two choices. Choose the option that best fits your family:
- Elementary students can just follow regular carpool patterns and times. If you do this, students will follow their normal morning routine and go to their classroom.
- OR they are welcome to come to campus with their grandparents by 9:00. If you choose this option, students are welcome to stay with their grandparents while on campus.
- All elementary students must be in their classroom by 9:45 in order to prepare for the program.
- If you have a student in grades 6-12 who will be attending the program with a grandparent, they should dress in LCA uniform and they have 2 choices in the morning when they arrive:
- If dropped off by a parent and waiting to join a grandparent, they go to the Gym.
- Arrive with their grandparent and stay with their grandparent throughout the entirety of the day.
- Parking and Registration
- Parents – Please register for each grandparent or special friend that is planning to attend here: Grandparent’s Day RSVP (cognitoforms.com)
- Registration deadline is Tuesday, November 1st.
- Grandparents can pick up their visitor badges and sign in at the South Lobby and West Lobby upon arrival. The visitor badge is very important for safety and will be used for pickup after the program.
- Grandparents are encouraged to park in the large parking lot between the church and the upper school building. We will have handicap parking available at the front of the church building that faces HWY 53.
- We will have shuttles in operation to bring grandparents to the South Lobby.
- The program will begin at 10:00 and be done no later than 11:15.
- Students in grades 6-12 are to sit with their grandparents if they are on campus.
- The book fair will be located in the cafeteria – which is right next to the gym.
- Student art will be on display by the gym and the worship center.
- We have a special gift for grandparents that can be picked up by the main worship center.
- Students in grades K-5 can be picked up in the gym after the program concludes by checking out with the teacher that is with them. Pick up person will need to have registered and have a visitor badge.
Timeline for 11/4
7:30 – 8:15 – Normal Carpool for grades K-5
9:00 – 9:45 – Grandparent Arrival, Check in, visit art show, visit book fair, pick up gift
9:45 – 10:00 – All students need to be in classrooms. Grandparents find seat in main worship center
10:00 – 11:15 – Program
11:15 – 12:15 – Dismiss students to grandparents from Gym, visit art show, visit book fair, pick up gift
Director of Institutional Advancement
Lanier Christian Academy
“Making Disciple Makers”